Wednesday 30 October 2013

OLW164 - Play the Game


It's my turn to host this week's One Layer Wednesday challenge and I thought we'd have some fun! The title is Play the Game (any Queen fans out there?!) and the challenge is to make a one layer card that is inspired by a game or some form of play.

My card is based on an old game, Twister. When you play Twister, shenanigans are sure to follow as you have to put your right hand one one colour and your left foot on another until everyone is twisted up all over the place!

I drew a grid for placement of my dots, used a Casual Fridays sentiment and a Paper Smooches hand. Perfect for a kid's birthday (or maybe a more grown up friend?! lol!)!

OLW164 Rules

l.  Create a one layer card.  This is defined as a single layer of cardstock folded in half.  No other      
     layers allowed.

2.  Create a card of your choice featuring a game or some form of play.  Remember to keep
     embellishments to a minimum and NO ADDITIONAL layers of cardstock.
       
3.  Post your card online and link it to the InLinkz button in the sidebar to the right.  If you link to your blog, please link to the specific post and not your blogs main page.

4.  HAVE FUN!! I can't wait to see what you create! Let the Shenanigans BEGIN!
>

15 comments:

  1. Oh, boy, you are giving us a great challenge with this one, Ardy! Your twister card is so inventive!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card, and as always, perfectly executed! I used to love to play this game...thanks for the trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, fun, game card! Loved playing Twister as it always made us laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a Queen fan over here! Love the take on Twister and the super fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! Just this past week as I was cleaning and purging several boxes in the basement storage, I came upon the old Twister game...and kept it! Thing is, I didn't see the inspiration in it like you have - you are amazing girl!

    Fun, fun, fun card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun! Brings back memories of when I could actually bend to play that game! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know how to work wonder with dots and lines and all the graphics, this is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! LOVE Twister, and it definitely brings on the shenanigans in our house! SUPER fun card, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FAB-ulous card!
    Love how you have made this-what a great idea :)
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha ... a brilliant game and what an amazing card ... such fun! Looking forward to getting my thinking cap on! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so much fun. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card this is, and how many memories of playing twister with my friends. Love the old time games.

    ReplyDelete
  13. FABulous card! I loved playing this game, so many fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute and fun too! I've said it many times before, your creativity is incredible! How did you get all those circles so evenly spaced? I use the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig all the time and I couldn't get them that straight! lol. Thanks for a very thought provoking challenge.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.