Friday 23 March 2012

RIC #8 - McQ by Alexander McQueen

Here's the latest Runway Inpsired Challenge inspiration:


I saw her skirt as an umbrella and used my cricut to create this shower card:


The handle is glued directly to the paper, while the umbrella is popped up on dimensionals. I think that maybe from a purely aesthetic point of view, the umbrella handle should be silver so it's not so heavy looking, but as it is, I think it ties in nicely with the elbow-length gloves. (BTW - I learned a lot about glovemaking by reading American Pastoral by Philip Roth for my bookclub last month - another fascinating art that is probably lost to our constant demand for lower and lower prices, but that's a whole other discussion for another day!). What are you reading lately? 


Supplies:
Paper: Various DP, Basic Black, Whisper White, Soft Sky
Accessories: Cricut (Create a Critter Cartridge), Stampin' Up 3 flower punch, Pearl Pen

4 comments:

  1. Super cute card...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever card! I love that you saw an umbrella in her dress. Thanks for playing along the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, WOW! This is sensational! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous flowered umbrella! so fun!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.