Wednesday 21 March 2012

FTL 182

Here's this week's layout:


I had some cool ideas, but none that would work with the sentiment OVER the two elements. So I just let this one hang out on my desk for a while. Over the weekend, I discovered my new favourite colour of card stock - Papertrey's Soft Stone. It's so soft and pretty and smooth - next time I feel I can afford their shipping rates, I'll order a full package of it!

I had also saved the photo of this card by Stampercamper at Splitcoaststampers as inspiration a little while ago:


I love how the sponging in the centre of the flowers adds so much dimension.

Here's my card for FTL 182:



Pretty and soft - perfect for a spring birthday!

Supplies:
Stamps: Flower Fest,  Pony Party
Paper: Soft Stone, Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb
Ink: Versamark, Regal Rose, Summer Sun, Cool Caribbean, Almost Amethyst
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Word punch

7 comments:

  1. So simple and elegant. You are correct, sponging the ink in the center add so much to the embossed flower image. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm so case-ing this card! It looks like you embossed the tiny sentiment, too. What kind of embossing powder do you use? I have fine detail white, but I can't get mine not to splatter most times. Tips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and clever - I want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Super cute card. I have that stamp set and every time I find a card where they used it I bookmark it. I will definitely mark yours. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was inspired by the card you posted on CAS. Here's what I made. Thank you.
    http://melaniereidscrapbooking.blogspot.ca/2012/03/challenge-inspiration-card.html

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.