Tuesday 23 January 2018

EH Pinsights - Lovely Thistle


My neighbour, Mrs. Wilson, asked me to make a birthday card for her sister-in-law, who is an artist. I decided to use a faux-watercoloring technique using Distress Inks and these Essentials by Ellen stamp sets. I was inspired by the colours in the current Pin-Sights Challenge:


I placed each stamp on my stamp positioner, inked it with Distress Ink and then spritzed it with my Nuvo Mist Spray Bottle. I love how each one turns out unique, giving it an artistic feel.

My first attempt ended up being the card on the left, which I will keep. Mrs. Wilson is 88 and prefers a less CAS style to my typical designs. For her card, I added more flowers and embossed the sentiment in gold. She is not afraid to tell me when I need to do something different on a card she has requested - I will report back once I've delivered it to her! lol!

I used:



8 comments:

  1. YOu are an absolute sweetheart. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards, both of them! I am anxious to hear your neighbour's reaction 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crossed fingers that she is happy with your creations (wink), I know I would be, they are more than wonderful Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mrs Wilson sounds quite a character! Lovely cards Ardyth, and I hope Mrs Wilson's is acceptable to her.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. That technique is wonderful for the different looks you get from the same stamp. Both of these a lovely, Ardyth. I don't see why Mrs. Wilson wouldn't love hers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha! Gotta love someone who knows what they want :-)
    I love both of these. That technique looks beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.