Wednesday 13 December 2017

SPDMIU38 - Merry Christmas




Good morning! Today I'm playing along with SugarPea Designs' current Mix it Up Challenge, where it's Anything Goes! So choose your favourite SPD goodies and link up a card! There's a PRIZE!

Play-to-Win-Graphic---50


I had some fun with the two curved pine branches from Pinecone Greetings and built a Christmas tree! Because the branches are so long, I needed to mask a straight line down the centre, and build one side of the tree at a time. I used two shades of green ink for interest and tried to make sure that the branch wasn't always in the exact same position. Then I moved the mask and stamped the other side. 

To create the trunk, I straightened one of the 'stems' from the set and stamped it in brown. My tree was taller than the stem stamp, so I did have a 'join' area. No problem - perfect place for my sentiment strip!

I used classic, rustic colours with a bit of sparkle.






Pinecone-Greetings

Flurry-of-Warm-Wishes

Store-Gift-Tag-Die

Stitched-Flags

Store-SugarCuts-Zig-Zag-Stitched-Rectangles


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card !!!
    Thanks for the inspiration !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the stamp Ardyth and an awesome result!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tree, I so love how you've created it with the stamps. Best tree of 2017!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.