Sunday 17 December 2017

FS567, CTS251 - It's Christmas Time


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Julene23! I chose this card as my inspiration:

I focused on Julene's:
-embossed snow
-figure with red hat
-touches of aqua
-rectangle focal area

I changed:
-embossing technique (dry embossing to heat embossing)
-layout
-gray cardbase
-added a sentiment
I'm also linking up to this week's CAS(E) This Sketch:


I started by stamping my snowflakes with Versamark and embossed with white ep. I masked a rectangle (with a rounded bottom edge to be a 'snowdrift') and lightly blended Peacock Feathers Distress ink. I stamped and coloured the snowman before using the matching die to cut him out. I finished with the sentiment (am I the only one who wants to continue it with "There's no need to be afraid").

I used:


4 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love the sweet little snowflakes in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he's such a lil sweetie, perfectly surrounded by the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Ardyth - love the elegant simplicity of it
    May your Christmas be blessed with love
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute take on the sketch, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.