Friday 27 October 2017

Happy Birthday Wendy!


Today is a very special day! Our friend and fearless leader, Wendy (owner of SugarPea Designs) is having a birthday and the DT got together and decided to have a little blog-hop birthday party to celebrate! The list of blogs is further down the post.

Some of you commented about all the masking on my penguin card last week, so I made a quick video to show you just how easy it really is, especially if you follow these tips:

1) choose one image that you want to repeat  (I cheated a bit here by putting the girl in the middle of the herd of cows)
2) cut several masks at a time (I usually do 4). This gives you flexibility in placement and allows you to move quickly
3) limit colours and colour in 'assembly line' style - colour all their heads, add the shading layer, then blend, etc

Here's a quick video - you will see that for me, the toughest thing was getting the masks apart after I cut them from full-sticky sticky notes!



I used:


13 comments:

  1. Omg how adorable.Again Happy birthday Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun card - love how the central image pops from amongst the cute cows:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh noes!!!! So many masks! LOL I love it! Your card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card, Ardyth. You make masking look so easy. Thanks for the tip on cutting out several masks at one. Full stick Post-It notes are perfect for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card! I have said it before, I TOTALLY LOVE your quick videos! I really look forward to what you will come up next with 😀 TFS with us

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've done a similar card with another stamp, Ardyth, but I didn't have the darling little girl in the middle. Your coloring is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an adorably sweet card! Happy birthday Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOOOOO SO cute!!! Those cows are precious! Just love this card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card - that poor wee girl can't mooooooove though with all those cows around her
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated Happy Birthday to Wendy!! This card is darling and reminds me of "volunteering" to help herd cattle on my uncle's farm (I'm lying, there was no such thing as "volunteering"....lol). Thanks for sharing this adorable card Ardyth. ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.