Wednesday 26 July 2017

SPD MIU 33 - Celebrate


There are still a few days to play along with this month's SugarPea Designs Mix it Up Challenge!




As usual, I tried to combine the two inspiration pieces, but as usual didn't quite get the sketch exactly right! lol! I tried it with more balloons, but it just felt crowded and not 'me'.

I started by stamping the Striped Background onto a panel and then cut that with the stitched rectangle die from the Birthday Journal Card set (what a useful set of dies - so many good basics and birthday possibilities!) I then inlaid the stitched circle from Beautiful Bauble into that, and then inlaid the Celebrate die into the two of them. A little fussy, but not difficult. When I did all that inlaying,  I didn't put the 'top' of the rectangle die back on, which resulted in this fun shape. I finished the sentiment with a masked partial sentiment from Under the Weather.

I used:
Striped Background
Whatever the Weather
Celebrate
Birthday Journal Card
Beautiful Bauble

I'm also going to link this up to CASology's Balloon Cue Card.

8 comments:

  1. I like your take on the sketch and photo sides of this challenge. Those red stripes draw your eye right in, and the blue balloon adds one more punch of color. That's a great 'celebrate' die, btw... Glad you stayed 'you' with this card. It's delightful! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the challenges. Love your clean, crisp design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous CAS card Ardyth. Love the crisp clean graphic feel to this one
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pop of gorgeous blue really makes the red and white pop. Super.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! So cool to see you here and I love it! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.