Tuesday 4 July 2017

Happy Anniversary


Tomorrow is our 20th Wedding Anniversary.


I thought I would do a fun (as opposed to elegant or mushy) card this year, using some new stamps and dies from MFT.

I started by creating my ocean. I masked a circle and smooshed Distress Oxide inks in 3 colours. This allowed me to still have plenty of white space.

I stamped the two jelly fish. I started with a pale lavender for both, then (using my MISTI) shaded one with pink and one with blue. I stamped their eyes to gaze lovingly at each other (like we always do) and stamped the crab's smile as well (because we always smile at each other).  I cut them out and popped them out and then stamped the sentiment. The two little fish represent our kids.

Interesting to note that I was making this card at about the same time that Kevin made this card in this video, inspired by my style.

I used:

-Gina K Lovely Lavender, Bubblegum Pink
-MFT Blue Breeze


10 comments:

  1. Adorable! Happy happy anniversary to you and your fabulous hubby! Love your fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card. Happy anniversary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here via Kevin.
    How weird that you were making such a similar card at the same time!!
    Love your little octopii!
    Kathleen Mc x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww! Happy 20th anniversary to you both! Love the photo and the fabulous card and the fact that it's "smooshy" instead of "mushy"! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations - enjoy your anniversary and treasure each other Ardyth. Your card is a real cutie!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your anniversary! The card is sweet and darling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! I hope your husband like his card. It is really cute. Love the directions you gave us. I'm sure all of us wives out here in blog land were thinking "just like us" in our marriages when you spoke about gazing loving and smiling like you always do!! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary!
    This has got to be one of the sweetest cards AND post, ever! ❤️💙

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your sweet anniversary card...just fabulous. Congrats to you and Michael, here's to another 20 years!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.