Sunday, 23 July 2017

FS546 - Thank You


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper Vicky (aka Miss Vicky). I chose this card as my inspiration:


I focused on Vicky's:
-polka dots
-single flower and leaf
-thank you theme

I changed:
-colours
-technique
-stamping instead of die cuts

I got some new markers last week - they are waterbased and I am trying out different techniques with them. To create this background, I used a stencil, two colours of markers and LOTS of water. At first, it doesn't look very pretty, but over time, the colours kind of melt and blend together - it just takes  lots of patience for dry-time! I think this yellow-pink combination is pretty, but I also tried some other colour combinations:



Here's a video.


I used:

9 comments:

Shelly said...

So super sweet!

Brawny said...

Great card. Love the design x

Cat Craig said...

wonderful colors you rocked your experiment.

sandie said...

Saw the video on IS and loved this colour combo, great and creative idea x

clavell said...

The whimsical sweetness of this design is so compelling! I love it!

Daria Z. said...

Love the pink and yellow combo! And, what a fun technique - need to look at my stencils differently.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the whimsy of this Ardyth! Very cute!

Maxine D said...

How gorgeous Ardyth, and so pretty - love that whimsical doodle flower
Blessings
Maxine

Kim Heggins said...

Such a sweet card...love how you made this.