Sunday 23 July 2017

FS546 - Thank You


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper Vicky (aka Miss Vicky). I chose this card as my inspiration:


I focused on Vicky's:
-polka dots
-single flower and leaf
-thank you theme

I changed:
-colours
-technique
-stamping instead of die cuts

I got some new markers last week - they are waterbased and I am trying out different techniques with them. To create this background, I used a stencil, two colours of markers and LOTS of water. At first, it doesn't look very pretty, but over time, the colours kind of melt and blend together - it just takes  lots of patience for dry-time! I think this yellow-pink combination is pretty, but I also tried some other colour combinations:



Here's a video.


I used:

10 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the design x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful colors you rocked your experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw the video on IS and loved this colour combo, great and creative idea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whimsical sweetness of this design is so compelling! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pink and yellow combo! And, what a fun technique - need to look at my stencils differently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the whimsy of this Ardyth! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous Ardyth, and so pretty - love that whimsical doodle flower
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card...love how you made this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this design and have been wondering how to use stencils and the new markers I just bought. I'm new and trying from reading and following my favorite designs like yours! Tried to click on the Polka stencil to order but it will not show it to me. Must be discontinued?

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.