Saturday 15 July 2017

FS545 - Beautiful Birthday


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper Cindy (aka Weekend Warrior).

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Cindy's:
-rose theme
-black sentiment
-watercolour

I changed:
-technique (I inlaid the rose with watercoloured pieces)
-layout

I loved Cindy's 'messy', outside the lines watercoloured look, but mine didn't turn out as pretty, so I cut it out and inlaid the watercoloured pieces back into the outline die. I like to use Be Creative tape for that - it gives a sticky surface for all the little pieces to adhere to.

Here's a video of the watercolouring and inlaying processes:



I used:
-A Jillian Vance Design Beautiful Rose Stamp Set and Dies



4 comments:

  1. How very pretty Ardyth, and I love how you took the piece your were not happy with and transformed it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thanks for the video showing how you "lined up" the watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Adryth. Love how the flower hands off the card. Pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.