Saturday 8 July 2017

FS544 - Happy Birthday


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Ann Greenspan (aka yaleann7).

I chose this card from her gallery as my inspiration:


I focused on Ann's:
-floral theme
-three 'scribble' roses
-black sentiment
-circle elements

I changed:
-technique
-no black stripes

I die cut the flowers and leaves to create masks and then blended distress inks with a sponge dauber (smaller than an ink blender and gives a bit more control).  I spritzed with water for some texture and then cut a circle out of the panel. I inlaid the 'happy' into the circle and then popped the circle up from the panel, where I had stamped the rest of my sentiment.



I used:

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card Ardyth - love the fact you used the die cut as a stencil, and also cut and layered the large circle. Unfortunately the video would not play - it said it was private. :-(
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. I must admit that the most inspiring person I ever came across on Instagram is YOU! Those small videos make me want to try it..Right away! I think clean and simple.. has to have a synonym.. Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Ardyth. Love the stitched dies and your beautiful soft inking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow this is gorgeous. Fabulous design x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so much texture with the layers. It compliments your bold graphic and colorful style so well. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card...love those beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.