Sunday 2 July 2017

FS543 - Happy 100 Days


Congratulations to kraftyaunt who is this week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper. I chose this card  as my inspiration:



I focused on:
-big, popped up flower flocal point
-pink colour scheme
-patterned background

I changed:
-layout and shape
-theme
-techniques
-no ribbon

I was asked to make a 100 Days card for my friend's niece. Celebrating 100 days of a baby's life is an old Chinese tradition, but I made a modern-looking card. I used the same happy colour combination as yesterday's cards - perfect for a baby girl.

I started with an old The Crafter's Workshop stencil from my stash and distress inks. I blended ink on another panel for the flower and flower centre. I cut a banner and stamped my sentiment, using a portion of a 'holidays' stamp for the word 'days'. I curved the sentiments to fit the curve of the banner. The sequins I used are from Neat & Tangled (you know how they put a little 'thank you' pack in with your order?) but I've linked similar colours below.

I used:


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely tradition! Great card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful CASE of the original card Ardyth and a fabulous result.
    BLessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely delightful card! I think it's my turn to case yours :-) Hugs, kraftyaunt!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.