Tuesday, 18 July 2017

EH Mix it Up - Love & Peace


A last-minute quick card for Ellen's Mix it Up Challenge with Lawn Fawn.

Yesterday, my set of Zig Art & Graphic markers arrived. These are waterbased markers with a thick, rubber tip - they are so bright and juicy! I have seen lots of people use these in lots of ways, but I immediately sat down and scribbled a quick rainbow on watercolour cardstock and then spritzed it. The colours ran and blended beautifully!


I felt like the rainbow was a throwback to the '60s, so I thought a love and peace theme would be fun. I wanted the panel to be my focal point so I used negative space (in dramatic black) and a white, inlaid die cut.

I'm looking forward to trying more techniques with these markers!

I used:

4 comments:

Brawny said...

Wow Ardyth very vibrant card. Great design x

Cat Craig said...

WOW what a fabulous design...that little love diecut in white really is impactful.

Kirsten said...

Beautiful Ardyth. LOVE how vivid the colors are....makes me want to purchase some of the markers!

Maxine D said...

Brilliant card Ardyth!!
Blessings
Maxine