Wednesday 28 June 2017

SugarPea Designs Mix it Up #32 - Celebrate!


There's still a few more days for you to play along with this month's SugarPea Designs Mix it Up Challenge! Here's the inspiration:



As usual, I tried to combine both the photo and the sketch.

I focused on:
-colours (red, white, black with a touch of green)
-circular focal element
-floral theme
-diagonal panel with design element toward the bottom left

I started by placing the Striped Background stamp in my MISTI and masking off all but 3 stripes. I inked those up with Altenew's Ruby Red.

Then I cut a stitched circle from Beautiful Bauble as well as a black Celebrate. I then cut the Celebrate out of the white circle and inlaid the black sentiment, extending beyond the circle's edges. I stamped the rest of the sentiment (from Celebrate all the Things) and then edged the circle with Star Dust Stickles.

Finally, I stamped flowers from Bring on the Cake. I stamped the centres and leaves with tiny stamps from Funky Wreath: Spring Additions


5 comments:

  1. FRESH & FUN...love the bold, bright colors and the fabulous contrast between the red, black, green & white!

    Brady is home for a week so will be MIA for a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I enjoyed your interpretation of the challenge image. Such a simple, bold card. Very eye catching. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bold and dramatic card Ardyth - stunning!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet...love those bold red stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. I love the stripes.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.