Saturday 29 April 2017

TYIC70 - Awesome!


I admit it. I have tag-phobia. I don't know why. I don't know if I had a bad experience with a tag in my childhood (come on, really?!). But I generally don't like making tags. Weird. I know. Hey, I've been called worse! lol!

But my friend Kim is the guest at the current Tag, You're It Challenge, with an adorable inspiration, so I decided to face my phobia and play along!



I focused on Kim's:
-colours - brown, blue and green
-animal and fish theme
-black sentiment

I used 4 colours of blue and green distress ink and smooshed a watery background on my tag (leaving a white area for my sentiment) and left it to dry while I watercoloured my otter, fish and starfish. I used the wet-on-wet technique with 4 colours of brown for the otter and am happy with the resulting shading and blending.

I used:


8 comments:

  1. So cute. Your tag is definitely Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling, Ardyth. Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It! and now that you've taken the plunge I hope you come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, well I love this tag even though you had a fear of making it:) ! That is one cute critter! Thanks for joiing us at Tag You're It,Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my opinion, you kicked that phobia to the curb with this sweet tag! Awesome 'water' colored background and sweet otter. His fur looks real enough to touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grin! Love the background. Many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful background for that sweetly colored otter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable tag Ardyth, love your little otter with all of his fish... Cute design. I don't see tag-phobia, I see Tag-Fantastic or Tag-Fabalicious. :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.