Thursday 27 April 2017

Muse 213 - Merry Christmas


I am falling behind in my Christmas cards. I haven't really started my church Christmas cards and I've only made a few of my own. I think it's because I've been spending time learning to make my quick videos. So I combined this week's Muse challenge (with the fabulous Kay Miller as Guest with amazing inspiration!) with a Christmas card and a quick video.

Here's Kay's inspiration:


I focused on Kay's:
-colours
-soft-stamped background
-bright red floral focal point
-black sentiment

I started by stamping the background panel in a soft grey ink. Then I stamped and embossed the flowers and leaves and then watercoloured these with distress inks. Because I was cutting them out with matching dies, my watercolouring was very loose and messy.

I really find that using more than one shade of a colour creates more interest and depth. I used 3 different reds and 2 different greens (including Forest Moss, which I don't think I've ever used before - it's so dark and adds so much drama to those leaves!). I finished with some gold stickles in the poinsettia centre for sparkle and shine.




I used:


7 comments:

  1. Love your card, Ardyth! Love the background and that poinsettia really pops on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors of the poinsettia are beautiful. Fabulous stamped background too.

    Totally agree with you - the Forest Moss rocks the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning.
    Beautiful bold bloom and the background is perfect.
    This has just gone on my very long 'to try' list!
    xxx





    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Ardyth, the repeated faded stamping of the same image in the background is fabulous...not just a white card

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! And the background is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful watercoloring, Ardyth! I also love how you stamped the background on this card...so elegant!
    Thanks for the link to your videos on YT :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.