Monday 24 April 2017

IB53 - Happy Birthday


They have a very playful inspiration at this week's Inspired by All the Little Things:







I stamped and embossed the edge of the hydrangea stamp along the edge of my panel. I then masked this and stamped and embossed another impression to create my border.

You can see in the quick video that I get depth and interest in the colour of the flowers by using a light layer of one colour, then, once it's dry, adding a layer of a similar/darker colour. I used Blue Gray (092), Deep Blue (035), Bright Yellow (042), Orange (070), Pink (020) and Light Carmine (021) for my flowers and Light Blue (036) for my 'halo'.

I focused on:
-the colours
-the silver sparkle

I used:

11 comments:

  1. Ardyth, this is so lovely! Gorgeous colors and watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning colors - love how the bold fuchsia pink draws the eye down the length of the stamped flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully colored! Love the silver embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I'm starting to think I need to purchase some Zigs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful! Love the colours and the placing looks so great! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love your wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely lovely!...thank you for the video! It really helped understand the process! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hydrangea stamped along the edge like that, Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous design, I really love how the silver embossing look with your beautifully blended ZIG colouring! Thank you for sharing with us at Inspired By All the Little Things this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous birthday card Miss Ardyth! Love your video, can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love seeing the watercoloring come to life! Thanks for playing at Inspired By All the Little Things!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.