Monday 17 April 2017

IB52 - Thank You


Have you seen the very intriguing inspiration for this week's Inspired by All the Little Things?



It's a dull, rainy, grey day in that photo. At first, I found it hard to imagine it inspiring a pretty card, but all I needed was a closer look!

I focused on:
-vertical grey stripes with a 'glow' of white in the centre
-focal image with black and white stripes near the bottom
-red and yellow 'splashes' of colour

I started by 'smooshing' a watercolour panel in various shades of grey distress ink, focusing on the sides to mimic the buildings. I think it also captures the feeling of rain. I then splattered some red and yellow distress ink all over.  My stamped, embossed and die cut my focal image and then stamped and embossed my sentiment.

I used:

13 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love your wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, perfectly pretty interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cool!! Love the artsy background and uncolored focal image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your interpretation of the sketch. Your background is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo cool! I love how perfectly your inked background mimics the building! Nice pops of color too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ardyth - your interpretation of the photo is wonderful! Glad to have you join us this week at Inspired By All The Little Things :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that background, Ardyth, especially how you left the white in the middle. It follows the photo perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Love the pretty smooshed background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS, Ardyth!!! Love what you have done here!!!! Such a great take on the inspiration photo!!!!! Simply beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous take on the inspiration photo, Ardyth! I love the subtle stripes in the flower petals and your background is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and I love how you were inspired. Thanks for playing along with us at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.