Sunday 26 March 2017

FS529, CASology 241 - Two Thank Yous and a Video


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, PapercraftBoutique (Hideko Lagan). I chose two cards as my inspiration from her gallery.

First card



I focused on Hideko's:
-dots
-colours
-thank you die cut

I changed:
-colours
-technique
-no bug or heart
-negative space for the die

I went for a more graphic, less-pretty look. I masked and stamped the dots with distress ink on watercolour paper then spritzed with water (and dried it before it ran too much!). I cut out
the many thanks die and left the negative from the cardbase showing through. I finished it with random sequins for some interest and sparkle.

I am also linking up to CASology, where the Cue Card for this week is Melt.







Second card



I focused on Hideko's:
-two pink flowers

I changed:
-layout
-added layers
-added green

I started with a 4.25x5.5 panel and heat embossed my flowers and sentiment with white ep. Then I watercoloured with the Zigs. I then cut out the flowers with the matching dies. I cut the remainder of the panel with a square die then adhered it to the white cardbase. I popped the flowers up and fitted them back in, so that they overhang a bit (the card will still fit into a regular envelope).






9 comments:

  1. Two fabulous cards Ardyth! Love your melted grid of circles. So artsy, yet still your graphic signature style. So glad to see you in the CASology gallery this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very pretty cards, Ardyth. It's like old times seeing your beautiful card over at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to see you back at CASology, Ardyth! What a pair of stunners! I love your graphic take on 'melt', and am besotted with your watercoloured card. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaaaaassss! So awesome to have you playing with us! Both of these are fabulous! Love the relaxed fun feel of the first one and the gorgeous softness of the second one. And you're video is very timely as I'm trying to give my Zigs another go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your melty card! It's just genius to make your background actually "melt"! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ardyth!! I'm so happy to see you here with us!! I love your cards! Both of them are pretty but the watercolor dots are amazing. I love how uniformed they are!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfection. The watercoloring almost reminds me of fireworks! Just gorgeous!
    Your floral card is so soft and pretty! Beautiful!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Ardyth these are amazing - I so admire your work!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two really cool creations! The watercolor paper is perfect with the 'abstract' polkie dots! Nice sentiment treatment too :)

    The thank you card takes my breath away! Soft, subtle and soooooo pretty! Really love the 'subtleness' of sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.