Wednesday 11 January 2017

Watercolour Flowers


The other day, my new Prima Marketing Watercolor Confections arrived (got them in MFT's sale just before Christmas). I decided to try creating some freehand flowers, rather than just colouring stamped images. These flowers used 5 colours - a pink, yellow, two greens and black. I learned a bit about layering, blending, hard and soft edges. I applied Dawn Woleslagle's (from WPlus9) advice that if you put a centre in a blob of colour, it will look like a flower.  Definitely want/need some more practice but I really enjoyed this first start.

Sentiment: Papertrey Ink Bigger Blooms

13 comments:

  1. Love this. Great mix of colours. What a great start with your new supplies. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Beautifully watercolored too. The colors are lovely, and I do so love them. The leaves are perfection. The gray base really sets everything off. So pretty. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your freehand flowers are awesome, Ardyth! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful experiment Ardyth! I look forward to seeing your watercolouring developing
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. First try? Wonderful artistic flowers, Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your first try is stunning! Beautiful card. I would frame this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this on IG and had to come over for a closer look. This turned out great. Makes me want to get out some paints and play.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thinking that you pretty much nailed this technique! Awesome results for a 'just learning' session! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one fine first attempt — love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your flowers look simply amazing, Ardyth!!!! WOW, really beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.