Wednesday, 11 January 2017

Watercolour Flowers


The other day, my new Prima Marketing Watercolor Confections arrived (got them in MFT's sale just before Christmas). I decided to try creating some freehand flowers, rather than just colouring stamped images. These flowers used 5 colours - a pink, yellow, two greens and black. I learned a bit about layering, blending, hard and soft edges. I applied Dawn Woleslagle's (from WPlus9) advice that if you put a centre in a blob of colour, it will look like a flower.  Definitely want/need some more practice but I really enjoyed this first start.

Sentiment: Papertrey Ink Bigger Blooms

13 comments:

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love this. Great mix of colours. What a great start with your new supplies. Looking forward to seeing more.

Happy Dance said...

Gorgeous card. Beautifully watercolored too. The colors are lovely, and I do so love them. The leaves are perfection. The gray base really sets everything off. So pretty. Bev

Sheila H said...

Your freehand flowers are awesome, Ardyth! Great job.

Rose said...

Your flowers are so beautiful!

Maxine D said...

A beautiful experiment Ardyth! I look forward to seeing your watercolouring developing
Blessings
Maxine

Bobby said...

First try? Wonderful artistic flowers, Ardyth.

Stefanie Staniak said...

Wow! Your first try is stunning! Beautiful card. I would frame this one!

Kim Heggins said...

Simply beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done Ardyth!

nancy said...

I saw this on IG and had to come over for a closer look. This turned out great. Makes me want to get out some paints and play.

Geri said...

I'm thinking that you pretty much nailed this technique! Awesome results for a 'just learning' session! Great colors!

Lindsey said...

This is one fine first attempt — love it!

Petra Swart said...

Your flowers look simply amazing, Ardyth!!!! WOW, really beautiful!!!!