Saturday 3 December 2016

MCV73 - Merry Christmas


For this week's Muse: ChristmasVisions challenge, I did something I don't normally do. In fact I normally try NOT to do this - I pretty much copied Robyn's inspiration!



The whole point of MCV is to be inspired by the card and make something your own. But I love everything about Robyn's card - the colours and shimmer, and it's been a while since I played with my ColorBurst powders. So here we are.

I focused on Robyn's:
-colours
-technique (colorburst background)
-stamping over the background

I used:
-Stamplorations Merry Christmas die
-Stampin' Up Baroque Motifs stamp

12 comments:

  1. Simply amazing Ardyth, the white calms down the very expressive background. So beautiful!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I love the color and the die inlay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful Ardyth, love that you did some over stamping with swirls and these fresh colours for Christmas I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Ardyth. I can see why you veered off your usual and customary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and that background is gorgeous, Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific background, love the flourish you added!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very cool — has a bit of a graffiti vibe. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In my books, "pretty much copying" someone's design is the biggest compliment ever!!! Lovin' the fun &whimsical look of your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colors, and your inspiration was pretty perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this and now it lives with me!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.