Friday 2 December 2016

Church Christmas Project 2016 Day 2 - Joy to the World


For more information about my annual Church Christmas Card project, click here.

Recognize this? That's because I made the 'prototype' last year.




I started by cutting the JOY out of a white 4.25x5.5 panel. I then cut the pierced rectangle (with the letters out), so that the J and Y could over hang. I cut strips of black so that I could cut only Os, to frame baby Jesus.

Once I cut all the white 'JOY's out of the panels, I didn't want to throw them away, so I sponged all the Js and Ys with Fossilized Amber and then sprayed them with Sparkle mist. (I misted baby Jesus, too).

For sponging, I cut another JOY out of a panel and laid the J and Y into it - that way I wasn't trying to hold the letter and sponge at the same time.


I used:
Dee's Distinctively JOY die
MFT Pierced Rectangle
PTI Stained Glass
Fossilized Amber distress ink
Sparkle Mist

6 comments:

  1. Remember? Absolutely! How could we possibly forget this cool image! Really like the deep yellow and grey/silver combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! Love that you spritzed the fossilized amber and got a golden color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I miss the red base ;) this is such a striking colour combination! Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it then and I love it now!! Just beautiful Ardyth!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take 2 is just as amazing and beautiful and take 1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - that is amazing Ardyth - love it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.