Friday 11 November 2016

MCV70 - Merry Christmas


Here's my card for this week's Muse: ChristmasVisions challenge, where Chriss gave us this inspiration:



I focused on Chriss':
-use of patterned paper as a key element of the card
-gold die cut sentiment
-strip of gold at the bottom
-additional die cuts

I don't often allow patterned paper to take centre stage of my cards, but I was so taken with Chriss' geometric paper and how important a role it plays in the feeling of her card, that I decided to give it a try. I found this old marbled paper in my stash (I think from the Japanese paper shop) and I love how it has almost-Christmas tree shapes in the pattern.

I used:
-marbled paper from my stash (alas, I can not take credit for making this gorgeous background!)
-Stamplorations Merry Christmas
-MFT Chill WishesDies

17 comments:

  1. That paper is gorgeous and it totally has the feel of Christmas trees. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fantastic card. I love the marble paper - it really is the star and has tree shapes in it!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card !!!!!!
    Great background !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that paper, Ardyth, and the gold with it keeps it a simple yet stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a minute there I thought I clicked on the wrong blog! This is fabulous...and yes, the paper definitely has a Christmas tree look! The gold looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one gorgeous paper and I can see the trees in it!and your right all it needed was the gold embossing....I am in the process of moving crafty rooms again and everything is higglty piggilty hopefully will be able to take part this week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The patterned paper is so special - it's a beautiful background for the sentiment die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow!
    I love how you used this beautiful paper as your inspiration! Lovely organic movement and I bet it has some gorgeous texture, too!
    😘 Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH! That paper! And perfect with the gold tree and sentiment to pull out the gold in the design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Ardyth, that paper is stunning and your card is really lovely...just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Ardyth, the paper is a perfect setting for the die cut and christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card Ardyth...love that background, it looks amazing with all the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what pretty paper! This is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Congrats on stepping out of your comfort zone because that paper is gorgeous! I see the trees too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely beautiful! I used some patterned paper too .. not my usual but good to get some used up! ;)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.