Thursday, 27 October 2016

Muse 189 - Happy Birthday!


This is my card for this week's Muse challenge, where our Guest Muse, Lucille has given us this fun donut-themed card:



Now. I feel like I need to explain myself a bit. There really is a link between these two cards. I need to make a card for my niece, who (obviously) is turning 16. I wanted it to be cool and minimal, and yet still inspired by Lucille's card.

I focused on Lucille's:
-central pink circle
-repeated circles in a vertical orientation
-bright colours
-split sentiment

I used:
-Neat & Tangled Scandinavian Prints (see how the dots aren't quite perfectly round?)
-MFT Delicious Birthday (retired?)
-Memory Box Parker number dies

12 comments:

!neke said...

Just love this !!!!!
Very strong card !

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!

Estelle TBT said...

Love your minimal cards Ardyth!!!
I absolutely understood your thinking ;-)
Great card!

Lindsey said...

I think the connection is clear! Great card for a teenager... bright and "cool". ;)

Lisa said...

CUTE card for your niece Ardyth!!

Lucille K said...

Wonderful CAS card Ardyth. I saw the connection to the donut card right away :)

TK said...

From pokey dotty to polka DOTS! Fun card for a 16 year old!

Maxine D said...

What a fabulous CAS card Ardyth - love your 'take' on the inspiration card
Blessings
Maxine

Kim Heggins said...

LOVE your sweet card, so clever and so you!

Anita in France said...

CAS, cool and so fun, Ardyth! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

Sheila H said...

Very nice! I have a grand niece turning 16 next month.

Geri said...

Yep...another card that makes my CAS lovin' heart beat faster!!!