Sunday 7 August 2016

FS496 - Beautiful Day


This week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper is mandianna (Mandi). Her gallery is full of gorgeous cards and I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Mandi's:
-pink flower and green stem
-black border
-black 'beautiful' sentiment
-layout

I changed:
-I put the blue on the inside of the black border (it may have been Mandi's background)
-technique (I used Zigs, Mandi used Gelatos)
-splatter to sequins

I used:
-Altenew Lotus
-Essentials By Ellen Mondo Magnolia
-Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
-Pretty Pink Posh Sequins

5 comments:

  1. Thought I'd get a little commenting in before church this morning. I love what you've done with Mandi's card. The lotus is beautiful, and the watercoloring is perfection. Your blue background is soft and serene, and the sequins really set it off. This is just lovely, Ardyth. Have a wonderful Sunday. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I was thinking you weren't really into watercolouring. ;) Wow! This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and looks so elegant on the black card base!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Ardyth - love your shading on your card, both the flower and the background.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dreamy and lovely, Ardyth ... this beautifully shaded bloom really stands out against that soft wash background ... gorgeous! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.