Thursday 21 April 2016

LT67 - Rainbow Flowers - and Leftover Centres


This is for the current Little Tangles Challenge - Die Cutting.






I find that one of the hardest things about getting new stamps is that once they arrive, I often feel like the (awesome) DT members have already done it 'all' and I can't think of a single interesting thing to do. 

For this card, I chose two stamps and embossed in white and then sponged bright distress ink colours.  I used one of the smaller almost-circle dies to cut out the centres just for something different and inlaid the flowers into a Soft Stone panel, using some matte enamel dots to finish it off.

ETA: May 3:
 

But that left me with the original centres. And they're too pretty to throw out. So I went back to a card I made previously with this set and re-used the basic layout. This time, I stamped only in black, so that these centres really stand out - I coated them with Wink of Stella and Glossy accents for a hard-candy shine!

I used:
-Neat & Tangled Scandinavian Prints
-PTI Bigger Blooms (first card)
-Right at Home Simple Sentiments (second card)

18 comments:

  1. Seriously, these two gorgeously colored cards are incredible!!!! I loved the first one, then as I read your post, I literally feasted my eyes upon your hard-candy flower card. Wow! Just brilliant and I love these! Wow!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really rock this stamp set... every card you make with it is a wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous twofer! I like how the flowers are inlaid in the first one, and a great way to use the scraps in your second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - you are amazing and these cards are fabulous Ardyth
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the very soft grey on the white and the sweet colourful flowers, Ardyth!!!! Such a 'sweet' sentiment on the first card!!! Love the candy centres on the second card - works wonderfully and really pops!!! Two beautiful card!!!!
    Have a great day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um hello...these are both amazing Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are great !!!!

    Ineke x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous rainbow spectacle, Ardyth ... these are both swoonworthy ... yum, yum, yum! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two 'sweet' creations - love, love, love these fun colors! I also feel bad when little bits and pieces of pretty stuff are left without a home so they usually end up on my envelopes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the whimsical flowers, this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely and colorful card, Ardyth. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both of these cards, so bright and cheery! And glad you said that about getting new stamps and feeling like the DT came up with all the good ideas. I do that all the time. I love your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! I feel exactly the same way about new stamps! I'm afraid I won't figure out anything new or exciting to do with them. You've conquered that demon here though. These are both gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two beautiful cards! I love them both, yet they are distinctly different and wonderful! As for the stamp-phobia of "not achieving greatness" too close to the DT member's cards, I think I'm at the head of that line...

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEAUTIFUL cards!! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous use of the leftovers. Vibrant, contemporary and striking cards x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...when this card caught my eye at Little Tangles, I didn't realize it was yours until I arrived at your website. Love it for sure. The second card is very "you"! Both are amazing uses of the same set! You continue to wow me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it when you get two for the price of one! These are so pretty, wonderfully CAS, and great pops of color!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.