Friday 15 April 2016

Fusion - Beautiful Day


I was excited to see this week's Fusion challenge - I love rainbows and I love the spring feeling from the inspiration photo. And it's starting to feel like spring around here (I have to say that quietly, in case I bring on a snowstorm!).



I usually prefer inspiration challenges to sketch challenges and really wasn't planning on combining the two for my card. But once I finished my flower, I could see how the sketch would really work. As for the idea of the rainbow petal - I was inspired by Altenew's Wild Hibiscus set. I love the sketchy feel and the 'extra' lines on the images. But it's out of stock in most of my usual places so I decided to make my own!

I used:
-Essentials by Ellen Bohemian Garden (and matching die)
-Essentials by Ellen Mondo Magnolia
-MFT Blue Prints #25

ETA: April 29:

  

22 comments:

  1. A beautiful day to go with your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a superb idea for the flower and such cheery colours. Thanks for joining Fusion x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, creative design! LOVE this unique card, Ardyth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative and wonderfully done, Ardyth!!!!
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love! so happy seeing you over at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is guaranteed to make someone's day beautiful! Soooooo clever to 'rainbow up' the single petal. Great diagonal movement with the yellow swoosh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that colorful petal Ardyth!! GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOA WOA WOA! I hope you gave your ownself a FIST BUMP for this!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Thanks for joining FUSION!! I LOVED your last one, and so GLAD it was snatched up as the WINNER!!!

    Yay!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous, Ardyth! I love your rainbow flower petal. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stunning Ardyth - LOVE your rainbow!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As soon as I saw Fusion's inspiration photo, I wondered what you'd come up with! And I love what you've made! This is a brilliant idea. Lots of color concentrated in one petal. And is that a touch of WoS I see on your rainbow? LOVE that swath of yellow, too. A perfect Spring card! Hope you don't get any more of that fluttery down white stuff! Enjoy your weekend. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. So this is all kinds of brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun and fabulous and ever so colourful Ardyth!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way you used the sketch! A fun and great graphic card! Enjoy the sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I love this "swoop", and the bright colors are indeed wonderful, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant! Hope you're enjoying a Spring-y day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Creative and so clever, Ardyth ... the fabulous yellow swoosh hints at warm rays of sunshine ... and the single petal rainbow ... gorgeous, love it! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seriously awesome, Ardyth! This just makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cool is this! Love this amazing design!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.