Sunday 10 April 2016

FS479 - A Great Day


This week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper is Cher2008 (Cheryl) and I am not going to lie - her gallery (although stunningly beautiful) freaked me out a bit. Cheryl clearly loves layers, ribbons, embellishments, intricate die cuts! Here's the card I chose as inspiration:



So, so pretty, but also very different from my usual CAS style. I was excited to see how I could interpret Cheryl's card and make it my own!

I focused on Cheryl's:
-colour scheme
-general layout
-black circle mat
-flowers
-blue in the corner
-stitched edges on her panels

I changed:
-reduced layers and embellishments
-sponged instead of a blue ribbon in the bottom right corner
-used simpler shapes for my die cuts

I used:
-Reverse Confetti Posted Note Sentiments
-MFT Fresh Cut Flowers
-MFT Pierced Circle dies
-Avery Elle Double-Pierced Square dies

12 comments:

  1. Wow - this is a real stunner Ardyth - love the off center circle within a circle.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the color spectrum! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you were inspired by Cheryl's card! I would have freaked out too! The offset circle looks really cool and does a great job highlighting the BEAUTIFULLY inked flowers! Cool brilliant green leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your version Ardyth. I felt the same way when I saw your cards. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are so perfectly inked - I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect CASification! As always, completely in awe of you sponging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous CAS take on the inspiration card, Ardyth!!! Wonderfully done and so beautiful!!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your use of black here Ardyth! This is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lOVE this sunny interpretation! Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice card! Great way to "translate" the FS's card into your positively perfect CAS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your CASification of the inspiration card, Ardyth ... such gorgeous colours on those sweet blooms ... and fabulous shine (had a close look!). LOVE that sentiment too! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I LOVE the the black contrast, and those beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.