Tuesday 5 April 2016

CASology 192 - Sprout



This week's CASology Cue Card is Sprout.



I hate beets. Hate them. But I have a friend who absolutely loves them and it is an ongoing joke between us whenever we're together - especially when choosing a restaurant for dinner. Her birthday is on Saturday and I knew this set would make the perfect card for her.

Sprout is a verb as well as a noun, so I thought I would add a little 'action' to my card, as well as get some mileage from the wordplay on the word 'up' (see how the beet moves up out of the ground?). I masked and sponged some dirt on my square, then added two more layers of dirt. The top one is completely glued down, but the middle layer is open at the top so the beet can slide in and out.


I kept my interactive scene small and surrounded it with white space to keep the whole design CAS. Of course, given our 'difference of opinion' about beets, this guy had to be winking!

I used:
-Lawnfawn Rooting for You
-Papertrey Ric Rac die
-Distress inks

Now it's your turn! I can't wait to see all the fun springtime cards from you this week!


16 comments:

  1. My favorite card on this weeks DT line-up! So cool and cute! BTW - I make a terrific beet salad (raw beets, carrots, apple) that even beet haters like. Perhaps you should reevaluate your beet aversion? So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate beets too, bleh. But this little beet is adorable~what fun movement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys hate beets, too, but to me they're quite nice!!! Your card for your friend is super cute and so perfect for the cue card!!! So creatively and cleverly done!!!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really clever and cute. I have to say that I am with you on the beets. Practically the only vegetable I don't like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this super cute interactive card, brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in the "Lovin' Beets" fan club (sorry!) - so it's no surprise I think this card is so adorable, I just want to bite that little guy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm afraid I'm in the for camp here. A fabulous card x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at this , what a fun action card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute, Ardy! Kevin, too, he hates beets and it's the only food he hates! I love them, but he can't even stand to see them on MY plate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love this Ardyth - the pun, and interactive element on such a CAS card is inspirational.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely the MOST adorable winking beet ever! Such a clever idea to give this little guy some room to 'sprout'. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well this is perfectly cute and your friend will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If beets tasted as good as your card looks, Ardyth, I'd be munching them up! Clever, cute and so much fun ... brilliant! Hugs & bisous, my friend! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your winking beet looks so cute! What a clever and fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so stinking cute! Great card Ardyth :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha ha! A brilliant pun and super cute card! (And I'm with your friend on the beet debate!)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.