Thursday 7 January 2016

MM186 - Warm Wishes


Am I the only one finding it hard to get back into the card-making swing of things? I keep making rookie (DUMB) mistakes, the January 'light' makes it difficult to get decent photos and I just feel kind of bleh! I know that the answer is to keep creating, so here's my first try - for this week's Merry Monday challenge (White on White):



I used an old Lifestyle Crafts snowflake - I love that it's so big and thin - it leaves lots of open space on the card. I cut it out of Stampin' Up's Dazzling Diamonds glitter cardstock. One of the fun things about making a square 4.25" card is that you can have something hanging over the edge of the card and it will still fit in the envelope.

I added a small sentiment made up from words from Winnie & Walter's The Big, The Bold and The Merry stamped in Sahara Sand.

For interest, here are some of the previous cards I've made with this snowflake:


MASKerade: CFC76 - Snowflake Merry Christmas:


MASKerade: ATCAS1 - Snow and CFC79 - Winter Blues:

21 comments:

  1. Well you are doing a great job for being bleh. I just love the work displayed on this site. It's so artistic and non-cluttered. The snowflake is just right. You are off to a good start in 2016. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks perfect to me! Good job for feeling like nothing is working -- I'm kinda in the same boat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought it was only me that was feeling like that :)but looks like to me you have nailed this beautifully!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought it was only me that was feeling like that :)but looks like to me you have nailed this beautifully!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful start to your year, even with the blah's Ardyth - this is gorgeous!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very nice, I love the most recent for lots of open space but I am in love with the last one, all those beautiful blues. Yummo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the master of snowflakes. And definitely...after a break I always find it hard to get the mojo and hands moving the way I want them too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous white on white card. LOVE that snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty, simple design for white on white. Especially love the blue design x Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. If this is bleh, it looks good on you!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your CAS card Ardyth...doesn't look "bleh" to me at all! I'm always amazed at how you can take something so simple and make it beautiful! Happy 2016! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. *Sigh* And *sigh* This is absolutely beautiful. It has such a soft and lovely feel to it. I love the glitter paper; it adds just the right amount of 'oomph' without detracting from this stunningly CAS design. I'm putting this one in my top 10 of your cards. Love this. True story. Oh, and I sure do miss you! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are definitely not the only one. I figured if I didn't make something today, I might just forget how. ;) I see no signs of rookie mistakes or rustiness here, though — just a gorgeous CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know what you mean about the stall, Ardyth, but once I got going I couldn't stop. You've gotten off to a good start with this glittery, CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well this card is definitely not bleh!! I'm with you though. I've been working on one card for three days, just keep changing gears!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ...struggle.....seriously? I'm thinking NOT!!!

    Gorgeous! Clean! Simple! Elegant! PERFECT!!! Love how one tip of the flake extends beyond the card base!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bleh, Ardyth?? Give me more!! This shimmery, stylish and splendid snowflake is just stunning! Wonderful to be reminded of the gorgeousness of the previous cards with this lovely! Hugs & bisous, mon amie, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love love love that snowflake...the simplicity is sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a pretty "Clean & Simple" card. The snowflake is the best part! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.