Friday 8 January 2016

Mixed-Up Muse147 - Friend


Here's my card for this week's Muse challenge, where Michele has given us a Valentine with POP! as our inspiration.



I focused on Michele's
-black strip with the image overlapping
-pop of red
-stitched element
-black sentiment

I used
-MFT's Label Maker Sentiments
-Ellen Hutson's Bold Blooms

I used the matching dies to cut out a space in the black strip. Then I created masks simply by placing the pieces back into the strip while stamping the rose and leaf images in Altenew Ruby Red and PTI New Leaf. My square panel is cut with MFT's pierced square die.

I'm also linking this card to Ellen Hutson's January Mix-it-up Challenge - this month's 'mixer' is MFT.

17 comments:

  1. Those bold blooms are always a favorite. Love your take on Michele's card...you've focused on the fabulous parts. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the inspiration card Ardyth - the drama of the red/white /green stamping against the black is stunning.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bold, crisp red, black and white combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used the bold blooms! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't look as if you had a moment of struggle, Ardyth! Lovely... thanks for playing cards with me!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. NICE pop of green and awesome square, matted sentiment block. Looks really cool with the flower image 'sneaking' into the white panel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Super job...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this bold look, such a fab take on the Muse card x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love your creative takes on the inspiration. A beautiful clean, bold design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This just... works. I like the flower and leaves backed just with white — really makes them pop in contrast. The black and white sentiment works perfectly too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice! That Altnew red is gorgeous! It has such a rich, lipstick luxury to it. And your take on Michele's card is fabulous. What a great direction to take this in; I love it! Hope your New Year is off to a fun and fabulous start. I think of you often, and miss our time at the Lake House. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I like how you inlaid all those pieces! How smart and clever you are!! Thank you for your very sweet comments on my blog...I love that bird too!! Have a great weekend!! Heart Hugs, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Crisp, fresh and bold, Ardyth ... and clever! Bon dimanche, my friend! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.