Sunday 10 January 2016

FS466 - Happy Birthday!


This week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper is Gunilla Holmqvist. Her gallery is here.

I chose this graphic card as my inspiration:



I focused on Gunilla's
-colour scheme
-use of stars
-use of big, black letters and script

I changed
-the amount of white space
-size of the card
-made my single star the large image
-no pop-up

I used
-MFT Happy (Versafine Onyx)
-Stampin Up Birthday (Altenew Ruby Red)
-Simon Says Stamp star (Daffodil Delight)


8 comments:

  1. Fabulous birthday card...love that bright yellow star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner - love the elegant simplicity of this graphic card Ardyth.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sentiment and image...pop off the page. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this graphic birthday card! That big 'happy' in black really captures the eye, and then the 'birthday' in that awesome red pops right out. Perfect little yellow star. Fun card. Miss you. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes less is more ...simply gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bits of color, this is cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So is it just me...or is everyone experiencing a "comment page that has shrunk to micro-mini size?" Seriously - need two pairs of glasses to read the print. Tried to fix it but nothing seems to work!!!

    Blogger needs a nice, big, bold font like you have used on your card! Eye catching, clean and gloriously simple! Love the yellow star and the red sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I'd made this . lol.. such CAS perfection.. LOVE!! :))))

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.