Wednesday, 9 December 2015

Church Christmas Project - Day 4 (The Saviour is Born)


Click here for more information about my Church Christmas Card project and a link to my Pinterest board for more cards I made in past years

Today's card is a CASE of Lynn's card from last year. Very simple, in warm colours. I added a 'glow' to this Verve stable (embossed in gold and cut out with the matching die) by masking the arch and sponging in distress inks. Rather than adding an extra brown layer, I used the PTI Sending You die to cut a hole in the cream layer and then popped up the stable directly from the Soft Suede card base.

14 comments:

Maxine D said...

This is gorgeous Ardyth - love the gold and brown and the pop of distress inks behind the cradle.
Blessings
Maxine

TK said...

Beautiful! I love the nativity, and that you showcased the manger with the sponged inks!!! This is really wonderful...

Kristie Goulet said...

Gorgeous, Ardyth!

Happy Dance said...

Gorgeous! Rich brown and gold. Perfect sentiment for Christmas. Stunning design. I love this card my friend; everything about it has captured my complete attention, and I don't want to stop looking at it. Such a sense of peace.... This would make a really pretty church banner! You've done it again...you've given me a new favorite! Love this. Bev

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous!!! Oh Ardyth, I just love a brown card ... and that stable is the most beautiful stamp!
=]

!neke said...

Wow Ardyth, this is a real beauty !
Ineke

cm said...

Incredibly beautiful, peaceful and heart-warming! Your stable is stunning; something to add to my next year's list...
Hugs~c

Lindsey said...

Your sponged glow is beautiful! A very classy card.

Gabby said...

Wonderful card to celebrate the Savior's birth! Beautifully embossed image and the glow is grand. A great card, Ardyth. :)

Bobby said...

That image is absolutely wonderful, Ardyth, and I love the way you've mounted it in the arch and given it the perfect glow.

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful...love your Christmas cards.

Anita in France said...

So lovely, Ardyth ... such a gorgeous gold image of the infant Jesus, so beautifully and perfectly warm and glowing! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

Lisa said...

I love everything about this card!!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love!