Thursday, 3 December 2015

Church Christmas Project - Day 2 (O Come)


Click here for more information about my Church Christmas Card project and a link to my Pinterest board for more cards I made in past years.

This card may look familiar to you because I adapted this card to meet the needs of this project by changing the size to fit the paper that goes inside, and changing the sentiment to something more church-like. I also backed it onto Early Espresso rather than Black, but that was only because I had lots of Early Espresso on hand.

The poinsettia and sentiment are both from Altenew and embossed in gold. I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and an aquabrush to add colour.


10 comments:

Maxine D said...

This is gorgeous Ardyth - love the gold embossing, and the watercolour effect is wonderful.
Blessings
Maxine

Shelly said...

Absolutely, gorgeous!!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

A beauty Ardyth. And great to see some watercolour.

TK said...

Beautiful! Your ZIG work is great, wish I could make mine look like that -- still need plenty of work...

Happy Dance said...

So pretty, Ardyth! That's my favorite Christmas carol of all time, so without a doubt I love this sentiment. Your poinsettia is beautifully watercolored. Gorgeous colors! Love this one!! Bev

Geri said...

Beautiful! I love the soft water colored shading (faux leaves) around the flower. Never would have know that Early Espresso was filling in for black. But now that I do know, I like the softness!

Lisa said...

WOWZA is this ever pretty!!

Deepti said...

Gorgeous!

Lindsey said...

This is one beautiful poinsettia, and such perfect watercoloring behind it.

Anita in France said...

Bold, rich and just beautiful, Ardyth ... the loose watercolouring is gorgeous! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)