Sunday, 15 November 2015

FS458 - Merry Christmas



Congratulations to this week's Featured StamperJo Nevill aka Rambling Boots. The card I chose to CASE is here.



I focused on
-watercoloured quadrants
-round white sentiment die cut
-centre image
-sequins

I changed
-theme (birthday to Christmas)
-centre image (cupcake to snowflake)

I started by watercolouring with Kuretake Gansai Tambi on Bristol Smooth cardstock. While it dried, I cut a Christmas Token out of white cardstock and laid it onto a black circle. I then cut the die again from the watercoloured panel and inlaid all the bits into it. I put the whole thing on a white card base and added some multi-coloured sequins.

Of course this process left me with a colourful die cut that just could not go to waste, so I made a second card:



14 comments:

Julia said...

ah, I always love bright and happy colors on christmas cards! I really like them both!

Lynn said...

I think I'd have to go to crafting therapy after making the first card :)! Amazing!!!!

!neke said...

Love those bright colors !!!!!

Anita in France said...

Swooning at those rainbow colours and the crisp white on both your cards, Ardyth ... they're beyond gorgeous! Hugs & bisous, bisous, Anita :)

Aileen (mum) said...

Beautiful cards. Love the colours you chose.

Lindsey said...

Ooh, I love both of these colourful, festive cards!

Paul Browning said...

Another stunning card. And it's cards like these which are inspiring me to go a bit inkier and artier. You perfectly execute how to add lots of colour and then clean the whole thing up :) I adore seeing cards which have a rainbow of colour. P xx

TK said...

Beautiful! I love both these cards!

Petra Swart said...

Both are simply stunning, Ardyth!!! The colours you worked with are beautiful!!!!
Have a great week!!!

Gabby said...

Terrific, inspired card! Like the colors. Great use of the die cut. Nice second card with the colored stencil. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful x2!

Lisa said...

WOW, gorgeous background Ardyth, love this!

Geri said...

Oh...I love the somewhat Celtic look of this design! Cool background, so beautifully inked!

Bobby said...

I love a good two-fer, Ardyth. That watercolored paper looks great either way.