Wednesday, 23 September 2015

MFTWSC247 - Happy Birthday!


This is my card for this week's MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge.



I have to admit that all the Guest Designer activity this month has kept me busy with new-new products and that has meant that many of my old-new products (from July and August) have not yet seen any ink!

The balloon is cut out of red acetate and inlaid into the edge of the white panel. I actually had the idea to use the acetate as a shiny, vinyl-looking balloon for this card, but got 'stuck' (ironically), when I couldn't figure out how to adhere it to the card. My good friend Natasha helped me out with a sheet of two-sided adhesive and I love how you can see through the acetate where it pops over the edge of the card. It will still fit into a 4.25x5.5 envelope because the card base is a 4.25 square.

Rather than sequins, I cut 3 little stars out of scraps of the acetate and adhered them the same way, to add a little more colour.

I used:
-Double-Stitched Squares
-Balloons Stax Die-namics
-Birthday Wishes and Balloons set
-Blueprints#18 (for the stars)

9 comments:

Marianne said...

Love this, Ardyth! Amazing what a few pops of red can do to a very CAS card and I love the inlaid balloon overhanging the edge.

Lisa said...

I like the balloon floating off the card, this is wonderful Ardyth!

Joan B said...

love that acetate balloon! great card!

I Card Everyone said...

Here is a perfect example of why your famous little 4.25" cards are perfect, Ardyth!! LOve that balloon - gorgeous acetate!
=]

Anita in France said...

Fantastic, Ardyth ... that little red balloon just beginning to float off the sentiment panel is gorgeous! Love it! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

Deborah Frings said...

Bold, simple and just fab!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous birthday card!

Geri said...

My new #1 Favorite Ardyth Card!!! Clean, sharp, fun....love, love, love the simplicity...and the cool balloon that is floating away!

BeverlyBL said...

I love this. Where do you get colored acetate? It seems like it would be fun to use. Thanks so much.