Thursday 7 May 2015

MCV1, CTS122 - Merry Christmas


I was so excited when I saw Kimberly's gorgeous card for our very first Muse: ChristmasVisions challenge.


I decided to combine it with this week's sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch:



I focused on the colour scheme and techniques from Kimberly's card, as well as the poinsettia. I recently purchased some Japanese watercolours and have been dying to make that deep blue/purple night sky that many people have been making. The technique is perfect for someone like me (ie a newbie to watercolouring!) - just smoosh some blue and purple around and then let it dry. Then, I used a technique I saw Emily use at one of our stamping days - I loaded up my brush with gold watercolour and tapped it on my finger to get shimmery speckles all over! I made enough 'sky' for two cards - this is my first one, where I've used bits of it as my blue and gold poinsettia (using a Paper Smooches set of dies). I chose to use my two-word sentiment as my two banner elements from the sketch. These Merry Christmas dies from Ellen Hutson are elegant and look beautiful inlaid into the white panel.

I hope you'll get a chance to join us for our first Muse: ChristmasVisions challenge - there's still lots of time! The deadline is next Wednesday at 8 am EDT.

19 comments:

  1. Oh, this is gorgeous! Fabulous take on the sketch & on Kimberly's card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, and inlaid, wow!!!!" Love gold splatters too!!!! A CAS stunner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crossing my fingers that I find time to play along! This challenge is just what I need to get a move on! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the bright blue and purple watercolors, Ardy, and that lush Emilyish gold splattering! It worked perfectly for your unique blue poinsettia. The whole card is brilliant for the challenges!!

    I'm off for a week and have already done a couple of scheduled posts, but hopefully when I get back, I'll be able to join in the new Xmas challenge. I have totally failed at making them so far this year ... thanks for doing this so we have another challenge to spur us into action!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you! Expertly combining challenges to make a card that packs a whopping punch! Wow! I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! You really nailed the inspiration piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful!!! The color you 'created' is gorgeous and looks amazing with the gold splatters! Love how these elements pop with all the white space!

    DH is off fishing for the weekend, the forecast is for cold temps & rain so my plan is a weekend full of crafting...and hopefully a Christmas card for your new MCV challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You achieved a perfect blue for the poinsettia, Ardyth! Love the way you used the CTS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning card! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning card! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are just CAS perfect every time Ardyth. Running out of things to say but I adore your style and inspiration. AMAZING and to link up at CASE this Sketch too! Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and striking, Ardyth ... love that you used those fabulous techniques in such a wonderfully CAS way ... in awe, my friend! Hope to play along ... if I can find the pause button! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ardyth, this is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautifully elegant card Ardyth x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.