Tuesday, 5 May 2015

CASology 145 - Shape


This week's CASology Cue Card is Shape!



Oh, my there are a lot of ways to interpret this Cue Card! I actually made this card by 'accident'.

I actually made it on purpose, but didn't realize until I looked at the photo of it that I had used so many shapes - square (the card), rectangle (the panel), circle (balloons), triangle (balloon tie up thingies). I cased this card from last week's challenge, by Mary Brown (aka Stampercamper).

So what makes this CAS? I used a white card base with nothing on it but my Papertrey sentiment. I didn't add any embellishments. The edges are clean with no distressing.

I love the look of the layered inks and the definition the tiny black strip gives. I used a Simon Says Stamp circle, a Clear and Simple Stamps triangle,  and the 'strings' are from a Simon Says Stamp sentiment set.

Now it's your turn to get in shape (just kidding, I love you just the way you are!)

Check out the rest of the DT for some more inspiration:

14 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Wonderfully crisp and clean, LOVELY!!!

Melissa said...

What a shapely card! ;) Love that single, bold black line...it really finishes off the design nicely!!!

Happy Dance said...

I can always count on you to make my brain go "ahhhh...." Your gorgeous CAS designs are always so relaxing and mind-pleasing! Absolutely love this one. Perfect birthday card. Love the colors the colors have made too. Just a wonderful card, and I miss you!! Hope to be more in the swing next week for a bit. Bev

Karren said...

Your overlapping balloons are so rich and perfectly stamped. They look wonderful against the white background. Gorgeous card!

Pam said...

Love the way the balloons overlap. What a beautiful CAS card.

Geri said...

You've 'shaped up' one heck of an awesome card! Honestly, at first glance I saw only the balloons....then I read your post!

I really, REALLY like how the sentiment 'ties' in with the images (as in balloon strings!) even though it is one panel away!

Jen W. said...

I love Mary's card too and this is an awesome CASE! And I'm so glad I finally know the name of those bits on the bottom of a balloon - "balloon tie up thingies"! :D

Lisa said...

Love this Ardyth! That thin strip of black on your order adds so much!!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful card, and I do learn so much when you talk about your design process and your thinking. I am most impressed with the way you did your balloon strings. I am sure you thought all about where each curlicue belonged, and they look just perfect.

Anita in France said...

I love it when you explain how your cards come to be, Ardyth ... there are always those aaah moments when I realise just why they're so stunning ... like this one! Simply splendid, my friend! Bisous, Anita :)

Judy1223 said...

Wow, Ardyth, what a great card...so many shapes in one design! Love the balloon strings...and that black edge is divine!

francesca said...

beautiful card!

OH Babs said...

A card with several shapes but the crown is the classy black strip.

Kim Heggins said...

Festive card...love those bright and beautiful balloons.