Tuesday 21 April 2015

CASology 143 - Ombre


This week's CASology Cue Card is Ombre



I chose a blended form of ombre, starting at the top of my card and blending various blue distress inks to make my sky. I started with the lightest shade and really faded out as I came to about half-way down. Then I added the next shade, but only about one-third of the way, then I added a tiny bit of the darkest shade at the top, making sure all was well blended.

I used an old MFT Sun die and an Avery Elle "Happy Camper" sentiment. My first thought was to place them both right in the centre of the card - this is a classic, simple layout that gives great symmetry and is very pleasing to the eye. But sometimes we like to shake it up a bit, right? So I slightly offset the sun from the sentiment. This adds some interest but it remains balanced, since they're both about the same distance from the centre.

Now it's your turn! Be sure to get even more inspiration from the rest of the DT!


19 comments:

  1. Stunning look for the ombre sky!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so fabulous!!
    - Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design, and your blending is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Ardyth, fantastic card! very bright and vibrant perfect colours for a beautiful day.
    Thank you for your comment about my card on MUSE, i have been thinking two weeks for play because is different to other challenges, is to go up one step more and i don't have to much time, very busy life.
    But i think i need to try one step more at this moment in my life.
    A warm hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous blending on your beautiful sky. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! Eye-poppingly fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazingly blended sky, Ardyth ... the perfect backdrop to that vibrant yellow sun ... gorgeous! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your ombre sky, so beautiful and I love that bright yellow sun against the blue sky. This is a fabulous card Ardyth! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, this is such a cool card, Ardy! Talk about Happy Mail, this would explode with happiness in the mailbox!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Ardyth!! Your sky line is amazing. I love your sun too!! You have to have a beautiful day with your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just want to make a card like this! Gorgeous blending!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! So in awe of your beautiful sky...and the perfectly balanced design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your sky and can't wait to give this a try. What a wonderful card, just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous inking as always - such seamless blending! And I like the offset image and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ardyth, I love your blended ombre sky...such an effective technique on a card such as this! A beautiful sky!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the subtle ombre of that sky! So perfect with that pop of yellow sun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the contrast of the blue fading and the BRIGHT YELLOW sun!!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.