Thursday 19 March 2015

Muse 109 - Happy Birthday


It's been a couple of days since I posted - it's March break this week, and being busy with kids means not much crafty time! This is my card for this week's Muse challenge, where Marion has inspired us with this bright sunny card:



I focused on the basic layout, the colours and some of the elements (frame and flowers).

I created my circle frame by cutting out the PTI Phrase Play #5 happy journal card die in white and then cutting it again with a circle die. Looks like that's what people were doing at the OLCC about Stretching your Dies today, based on some of the 'homework' I've seen.

I coloured the 'happy' with a black copic and then inlaid Coastal Cabana. I then cut a Yo-yo Yellow panel and inlaid the whole thing into that by cutting the same sized circle out of the centre.

I added some Stamps of Life mini-flowers with enamel dots and popped up a PTI 'birthday', stamped in Versafine Onyx and embossed in clear.

I hope you'll get a chance to play along with us - based on the gallery it seems like maybe a lot of you have the same problem getting to your craft room this week - I know here as well as being March break, the sun has been shining (although it's not very warm yet) and we've been trying to be outside as much as possible!

The deadline for this challenge is Monday at 8 am EDT. After that, you can vote for your top 3 favourites until Tuesday at 8. Voting results will be posted at noon. Hope to see you there!

14 comments:

  1. Happy Spring Break. I love love this card Ardyth. Happy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply wow! Ardyth you turn a tricky detailed card completely on its head.
    Blown away! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw your card had to laugh,guess what's sitting on my desk ?? But after seeing your gorgeous card think I need to have rethink!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is fun! LOVE that yellow and the bright colors of the flowers and your inner circle. Anyone couldn't help but smile at seeing this. Love this card, dear friend. You just rock. Seriously. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy card! Love the yellow and bright flowers. Happy March break. Ours break is in 2 weeks - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YoYo yellow indeed, Ardyth... really very retro-fab! You've given me inspiration!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michele nailed it...retro-fab indeed! Kind of has a "Happy Days" logo feel. Great colors and another amazing layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun, bright and festive birthday card Ardyth. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE those gorgeous sunshiny colours with the aqua, Ardyth ... so fun ... and so very pretty! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bright and beautiful! Love it..so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is gorgeous Ardyth and I love your cool design xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your vibrant blossom card has exactly the effect your sentiment invites: makes me incredibly happy! Such fun!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your bright and cheerful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. For some reason, your card reminds me of my childhood. So pretty and delightful!!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.