Monday 30 March 2015

MFTCC18 - Happy Birthday!




Do you know since I got home from our crafty day at Tracey's on Saturday, I haven't had a MINUTE to finish off all the fun projects I started. This one was the closest to completion, so now that I was able to dash into my craft room before the next thing on my to-do list, I quickly whipped it up and photographed it.

On Saturday, Emily, Natasha and I had a quick road trip (about 1/2 hour) to Tracey's house. We started with lunch at a nearby restaurant and got a lot of chatter out of the way, plus we fuelled up for a very, very productive afternoon. OK, and into the early evening! It's hard to say good-bye when we're having so much fun! (so much fun we didn't get many photos of us together - Tracey's daughter had left for work by the time we remembered!)



Emily had a great idea to bring a few current challenges along as a starting point for our inspiration. This card is for the current MFT colour challenge.


They're not colours I use very often, but they look lovely together- and it's good to branch out!

I used the full moon from You Move Me (looks like it's retired?) to stamp big dots in the blue, orange and yellow on a scrap of white cardstock before I die cut the Butterfly. I layered it with a black one, for a tiny bit more definition and contrast.  I used a sentiment from Celebrate You.

So I've got a few more things to show you later in the week, but let me give you this little hint - there are now 3 ladies completely in love with Gansai watercolours who will likely be placing orders!

17 comments:

  1. This looks amazing ! Those colors indeed look awesome together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! You made these colours look so good together, and, dots! How clever! Love the big bold sentiment too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an absolutely wonderful day. Love what you created Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! Sounds like a really fun day! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you found time to finish it Ardyth because it really is gorgeous! Next time pictures first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're all so darling! And your card is breathtaking, Ardy! I look forward to you guys inspiring me on how to best use my Gansai!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, Ardyth. Love how you incorporated all of the colours in your butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Ardyth! Love how you used those colors.
    I have to agree, those Gansai watercolors are awesome! I haven't used them a ton but when I do I LOVE the result. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card Ardyth! I love how you did your butterfly. I'm glad you ladies had a fabulous time and I'm glad you got that snapshot of you all to put in the memory album. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card -I've just bought the gansai watercoloured set (well persuaded husband to buy for me instead of easter egg -I wonder if I should have told him the price first ! )

    ReplyDelete
  11. What FUN! How nice to have crafters nearby! Beautiful card - typical Ardyth, just more subdued colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful and it sounds like a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty! Love the inks on the butterfly, what a fantastic way to incorporate the colors and such a CAS design! Thanks for playing along at MFT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab photo of you girls together, Ardyth! That butterfly is stunning ... it really pops against the white! Those Gansai watercolours are so tempting ... you and Tracey are helping me overcome my already weak resistance!! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what fun you girls must have had!! Its a wonder you got any projects started with all the laughing and talking going on. Love the way you stamped and die-cut the butterfly. I always forget about creating my own pattern to die-cut. Must give this a go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh...love your beautiful group photo, so sweet. And your card is too, what a stunning butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how you've coloured your butterfly - fab colour combo!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.