Tuesday 17 March 2015

CASology 138 - Blossom


This week's CASology Cue Card is Blossom!




If you're going to use lots of colour and busy pattern, leaving lots of white space will ensure that your design is still CAS.  I used a tiny blossom from Altenew's Doodle Blooms set, in some of the new bright Ranger Dye Ink colours, plus Razzleberry from MFT. I popped the white panel up, but I could have masked the stamped area, or I could have chosen a strip of DP to achieve a similar look. I finished it with a Papertrey birthday sentiment.

Now it's your turn! I'm sure the gallery will be filled with delightful floral creations this week - we're definitely ready in Toronto for some colours other than white (actually, dirty brownish-grey now, as the snow starts to melt!). Of course, we at CASology love white (space, that is) all year long!




21 comments:

  1. So fun and CAS perfection Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arydth the inks are vibrant, gorgeous CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool idea...love that fun, floral border!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty birthday card Ardyth. I love how bright and cheery that the flowers are, just that one stripe makes such a big statement. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is perfectly sweet Ardyth, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the riotous burst of color from your flowers. And, restrained to just that one side panel--such a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your design and your awesome ability to match the font style with the stamped images!

    Great tip on how to keep a busy design CAS! The ink colors are fabulous! I totally trust your opinion so I'm off to check out these inks as several of my Memento inks are 'fading fast'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card, and awesome advice, as usual. love those blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet and happy card, Ardyth! Love these bright colors, which are just the perfect amount of busy! So much clean white space...makes me smile. Love this! Have a great weekend. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Perfectly CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet card...love your beautiful blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun and happy inducing, Ardyth ... and so gorgeous ... love the riot of vibrant colour on that slender strip! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your splash of colour on a very CAS card-it's perfect!
    Thank you for stopping by my Blog to say hello-i appreciate it :)
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Ardyth!! I love your strip of bright and cherry flowers! Great birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great masking Ardyth and cuttee flower so tiny and sweet and much white place...hope you like to see my Poppies card..I join again this time :) hugs..Monika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous design and pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your CAS design is fabulous, and I love the pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.