Saturday 27 September 2014

Muse 86 - Merry Christmas


Here's my card for this week's Muse Challenge, where Guest Muse Anita Bowden has inspired us with this beauty:


I focused on the colours and layout but changed the season. I chose a big Stampin Up Festive Flurries snowflake to provide the 'circle of colour', stamped it in Smoky Slate and filled in some of the circles with Stampin Up candy dots in Old Olive and Baja Breeze. I loved the idea of the combined script/block sentiment and used a Papertrey Merry and Gina K Christmas.

I hope you'll get a chance to play along - the deadline is Monday morning at 8 am. At that time you can vote (even if you didn't link up a card!) for your 3 favourites until Tuesday morning at 8. The voting results will be posted on Tuesday at noon. Hope to see you there!

16 comments:

  1. The large snowflake image is nicely augmented by the candy dots. I love the two fonts of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pops of color on the snowflake Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ardyth, this card is just so awesome! I love the grey snowflake with pops of colour. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card. I lo e that you combined the fonts. So creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a quick spin through some of your snowflake cards on Pinterest a little earlier, Ardyth ... such a treat ... as this is ... the grey with the pops of colour is so striking! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! You always manage to transform your inspiration into such awesome designs. Love this x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card Ardyth! That snowflake is awesome with the candy dots and I just love when sentiments are done using script and printed stamps. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lime and turquoise. So crisp and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Ardyth - love that pretty snowflake xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, you never cease to amaze! You have such perfection execution!! Beautiful case. I love the script with the bold Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! That mc is so awesome with the colors and different script~

    ReplyDelete
  12. What's not to love about a giant snowflake? :) Love the colors that you used! such a bold, yet simple card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this enormous snowflake, so classy.
    For your information- Brusho is a crystallised ink that comes in many colours and can be diluted and used as ink or you can sprinkle in on wet or dry paper then spritz and watch it explode. I used it many years ago with my kids in art class, they loved how the colours exploded and changed! It's very much back in vogue but not particularly new.

    ReplyDelete
  14. GORGEOUS!!! The contrast in the fonts in the sentiment is perfect! As always, I'm in awe of your perfectly stamped image! The candy dots look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the large snowflake! Everything about this card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.