Sunday 21 September 2014

Merry Monday 126 - The Words Have It

Link up to Bev's birthday party here.


Here's my card for the current Merry Monday challenge - The Words Have It (make your sentiment the focus of your card).

This will be one of the designs for my Church Christmas project, so it has to be easy to duplicate. I whipped up 28 of these on Friday evening.

I used a Stampabilities sentiment (can't find a link, but I probably got it at Hobby Lobby), Market Street Stamps (no longer with us) manger, Paper Smooches shadow and Gina K Star.

To add a bit of interest, I edged the panel with Tumbled Glass ink and then smeared Stickles for texture and sparkle.

13 comments:

  1. Perfection Ardyth. I love your placement of your star.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Ardyth! So perfect for Christmas. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to highlight the sentiment and the placement of the star! Whaaat! 28 cards in one evening - genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. love the sparkle of the border!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is CAS perfection, Ardyth! The best sentiment for Christmas! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What? I couldn't do 28 in a month of Sundays, Ardyth, never mind in one night! Such a beautiful card ... the sentiment and image says it all! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous sentiment, Ardyth! Love the simple design. Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Inkings not like you but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The star and the inked edges really highlight the beautiful sentiment, Ardyth. This is a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love the sentiment and inked border.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the glittery edges and pop of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another 'brilliant idea' to add a bit of glitter to the pretty sponged edges of the card! And, can that wee shadow oval be any more perfect than it is? I'm thinkin' not.

    28 cards in one evening! Wow! You're a woman on a mission, that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my this has to be my most favorite Christmas card of all time!!! I love that the sentiment is the focal point and then the little image of baby Jesus is just perfect. Love the awesome star too. Just beautiful Ardyth, just beautiful! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.