Monday 15 September 2014

ATCAS47 - Oriental


I was listening to the music for our church's kids' Christmas pageant on Sunday (I'm the piano player) and parts of We Three Kings are featured. I had an 'aha' moment with the "Kings from Orient" and the current Addicted to CAS challenge "Oriental" (at least I thought I did - see below) and rushed upstairs to make this one-layer card.



I used a Stampin' Up Wisemen/Bethlehem/Star stamp and embossed the star with Egyptian Gold ep (gold with glitter in it for extra sparkle). I finished it off with a Gina K sentiment.

Now I've been back to the ATCAS gallery and see that I'm not the first one to come up with this interpretation - in fact I commented on Sarah's card because it was also entered at CASology's Three challenge this week, but I hadn't consciously put together that she was using it for Orient as well. Anyway, our cards are different (go check out her awesome sponging!) and this will end up as one of the designs for my church Christmas project.


13 comments:

  1. Clever concept and beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ardyth I love your interpretation on the challenge! So beautiful and meaningful is this Christmas card. I thought Sarah's was beautiful too. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds....I was so excited when I made the oriental connection with the 3 kings :) Love your design - the image is wonderful and the pop of gold from the star makes it extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only a wonderful true-meaning-of-Christmas card, Ardyth ... a beautiful, bold, black on white silhouette with the most perfect touch of gold in the star! Gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever!! I like the touch of gold :) thank you for sharing with ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, Ardyth! Love the pop of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant take on the code word and I love the sparkle on that star!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very awesome silhouette card! Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super idea to use this one for the orientalchallenge! It is how I remimber the story and the first illustration I saw with it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic!! What a wonderful aha moment you had.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea for the oriental challenge. Beautiful CAS card. SO glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.