Friday, 8 August 2014

FFC37 - Mid-challenge Inspiration


Time for a reminder about our current Festive Friday challenge! Here's the inspiration:



Now, I'm not always really a Tim Holtz kind of girl. He's obviously talented but usually the style of his stamps is just 'more' than mine. But I fell in love with these trees as soon as I saw them! I stamped them several times, masking the bottom of the card. I then used a Gina K sentiment, stacking the words like the gifts are stacked on top of the car. Finally, I edged it in silver, to pick up the chrome of the car.

This challenge ends on Wednesday, August 13 at midnight. Don't forget to link up here!

7 comments:

Sheila H said...

Love the woodsy look created by those trees. The gold border frames them beautifully. And your sentiment looks terrific stacked that way.

Brenda said...

I am loving those trees too Ardyth, I am loving this whole card! I love how you took the colors from the inspiration photo. The trees are amazing and it looks like they are in deep, deep snow-I really love the effect you got here. Very cool to stack your sentiment like the gifts and I love the silver border. This card just has so much depth to it and I really love it! Hugs, Brenda

Lynn said...

Those trees are amazing...flat stamped but look like they have so much texture!

Julia Aston said...

Those trees are wonderful Ardyth - they look great all in a row!

Anita in France said...

So crisp and fresh, Ardyth ... love how you've created the impression of snow behind the bold colours and solid trees/letters! Anita :)

Cornelia W said...

Awesome trees, but even more awesome card! You managed to get your style to shine through - love it!

Happy Dance said...

Gorgeous. Looks like a scene from 'up north' of here. Very cool trees and the perfect red for the bold sentiment. Great Christmas card! Love this. Bev