Saturday 3 May 2014

Muse #65 - Happy Mother's Day!


A simple but pretty Mother's Day card for this week's Muse challenge, where our Guest Muse is Gillian and her simple but pretty baby card:



I focused on the thinness of the die cut, the colour scheme ( white on white, grey ink and (admittedly deeper, corally) pink die cut). But rather than stacking my die cut, I devised a different way to give it dimension. I adhered it only in the centre and thinly spread stickles all over the flower - this caused the petals to lift away from the white panel, where I had cut the flower out, as if I was going to inlay it. I finished it with a grey enamel dot. It's very different from Gillian's but I do think it has a similar clean and pretty feel to it.

10 comments:

  1. You always make it look so easy Ardyth! My fav die from all times, and you made it look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yet again...a stunning Muse card. Love the touch of shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the shimmery petals stand out from the negative cut, Ardyth ... it's just gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous - love the sparkle and shine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to pick that flower right off of there. I love how it stands away from the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful design. Brilliant way to treat that flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous. I love that die!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, love that die !!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.