Friday 16 May 2014

Happy Birthday, Sandie!


Today is Sandie's birthday and we're having a surprise party! Nonni is hosting and there's a link up on her blog so that everyone can play along!

One of the things I love about these parties is that they give me a chance to get to know the birthday girl a little better. I was scrolling through London Days (Sandie's Blog) to find a card to CASE for her birthday and had such a hard time choosing! Finally, I came across this one (which is coincidentally for one of Nonni's challenges!):


This is a little less CAS than I normally do, and based on my perusal of Sandie's blog, it's a little less CAS than she does too, but you can't say it isn't fun! I love the coloured stripes and the die cuts in the cut out dots. 

Happy Birthday, Sandie - I hope you have a fabulous day!

20 comments:

  1. Yep you are right, this is a lot less CAS than my normal cards and yours! I am so touched you made a card for me. And a gem of a card at that! Isn't blog land just wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...it is so funky and fun! Love it Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this! The rainbow striped background, the glittery hearts - just fabulous! And a lovely CASE of Sandie's card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this - yes, not your usual minimalist approach, but fabulous nonetheless! I assume you used patterned paper or did you stamp those stripes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool card Ardyth! Sandie will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...what a fabulous card! I am sure Sandie will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and festive card for Sandie, love how u cased it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bright colours and what a great idea to case the birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right, this is a surprise coming from both of you, but no less awesome and wonderful! Fantastic CASE, Ardy!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute CASE! The rainbow background is so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun card Ardyth. I hardly use purple but this card is so festive and cheery that I want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super fun - I bet Sandie loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous and so much fun, Ardyth ... what a brilliant CASE of Sandie's card! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love how bold this is! The colors are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great result with a wee wander away from the comfort zone! I really like the swiss cheese layout..especially paired with the striped paper and colors that you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun, retro and mod. Love how colorful it is.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a wonderful tribute and CASE of Sandies card. LOVE the colours and the sentiment strip - you never cease to have me in awe. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, lookie lookie, LOVE all that Bada bing COLOR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card! Can you please tell me how you did the purple banner.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.