Wednesday 14 May 2014

FFC31 - Candy Cane


Time for some mid-challenge inspiration for the current Festive Friday challenge!


This extremely CAS card took an embarrassingly long time to make. I love this DeNami candy cane. It has a very distinctive style and resistive personality. It resisted a sentiment, it resisted Stickles, it resisted a circlular white panel (trust me, I tried them ALL! lol!). In the end it just wanted to sit by itself on a square white panel. "I'm enough!" it told me. So I let it be enough. You gotta go with what the card is telling you!

The deadline for this challenge is next Wednesday, so there's still some time to get inspired and play along - can't wait to see what you come up with!

15 comments:

  1. I keep saying that. These cards know what they want to look like and this card couldn't be more handsome! WTG, Ardy!! At first I thought you had hand-drawn it with a marker coz you're that good! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful and sometimes you're just finished before you want to know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it...clean, crisp and perfect Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you had drawn it also! The dynamic presentation is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is superb! Love the red border :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. good call! When I saw it, I said, "wow"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! So funny to read what the card told you! But I love it! Very striking and Christmasy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't get much more CAS than this! It's so true - the stamps tell us how to use them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep - great call to 'step away from the card'

    "It" knew that "It" was looking mighty fine all my itself on the glorious white stage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The candy cane looks hand painted. And just enough as is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CAS perfection, Ardyth! You resisted the glitter so fabulously! It's SO hard not to add more stuff on the card...well, you obviously are a pro in this(LOL)! I wish my card can talk like YOURS! PS: now get that fancy schmancy Position It to play! I want to see a tutorial (wink)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear you on a long time to make CAS . Great results, love this card Ardyth...I can almost smell it. So fresh !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect, Ardyth ... you and that candy cane together ... awesome! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Doesn't get any more CAS than this, WOW, love it!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.